½ oz. Strawberry Simple Syrup
½ oz. Lemon Juice
½ oz. Lime Juice
1 ½ oz. Gin
Glassware and Tools
Boston Shaker Tin
1. Grab a few strawberry slices and drop them into your mixing glass.
2. Using the jigger, pour the following into the mixing glass with the strawberries:
- ½ oz. of lemon juice
- ½ oz. of lime juice
- ½ oz. of strawberry simple syrup
- 1 ½ oz. of gin
3. Add ice and place the tin on top of the mixing glass, with a firm tap on bottom of the tin lock the two together.
4. Shake for 10-15 seconds, allowing the mixture to go from one end to the other of the shaker.
5. Grab your collins glass and add ice to it.
6. Apply a firm tap to the tin at a point where the glass and tin have some separation and using the strainer strain contents into your Collins glass and top off with soda water.
7. Finally, take a few strawberry slices and skewer them with your tooth pick and garnish your cocktail.
The Strawberry Crush comes to you from Garage Kitchen + Bar. This original cocktail was created by the General Manager, Jon.
It is a variation of a julep, a cocktail made from lime or lemon juice, or both, and mixed with seasonal fruits. It is a simple drink that uses flavor and seltzer water to create a refreshing taste.
The Strawberry Crush uses an infused strawberry simple syrup that is made at Garage. It is also easy to make at home by infusing strawberries in simple syrup. For a fruiter concoction, let the strawberries sit longer.
A dry gin is preferable, the more floral gins will overwhelm your palate when paired with the fruit.