1 1/2 oz. White Rum
¾ oz. Peppermint Syrup
2 Candy Canes
Glassware and Tools
1. Smash one of the candy canes on a plate using a muddler, breaking into as small of bits as possible.
2. Take a dab of the peppermint syrup and rub it around the rim of the Martini glass.
3. Take the Martini glass and run the rim through the candy cane bits and set the glass aside.
4. Using the jigger, measure the following and pour into the mixing glass:
- ¾ oz. of peppermint syrup
- 1 ½ oz. white rum
5. Add ice to the mixing glass and place the shaker on top with a firm tap. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, allowing the mixture to go from one end of the shaker to the other.
6. Separate the mixing glass by applying a firm tap where the glass and shaker are no longer flush.
7. Use the Hawthorne strainer to strain the contents of the mixing glass into the Martini Glass.
8. Place your Candy cane on the rim as garnish
The holiday season is upon us, and there is nothing better than a simple, yet DELICIOUS, cocktail for the everyday entertainment.
The holiday times are all about friends and family. This means one simple thing… someone is going to have to play the host. Now there are those that are meant to do this, and there are those that are better suited to host a party for one. We at Speakeasy Co. took the guessing game out of it with this cocktail. This is a simple, fun cocktail that allows for any host to create holiday cheer without hiring a professional bartender to tend the bar, letting you run the show. The prep work comes down to two methods: buy all of the ingredients pre-made (your local BevMo/store has most of these items) or your can prep them yourself. If you have any interest in the recipe, please reach out and we will share! Easy enough to make and even more fun to enjoy!