1 1/2 oz. Whiskey
1/4 oz. Apple Cider Cordial
Dash of Black Walnut Bitters
Glassware and Tools
1. Using the jigger pour the following into the mixing glass:
- 1 1/2 oz. whiskey
- 1/4 oz. apple cider cordial
- Dash of black walnut bitters
2. Stir your drink for approximately 30 seconds using a bar spoon, trying to keep the convex part of the spoon against the glass.
3. Fill your rocks glass with ice and to strain your drink into the glass.
4. Using a peeler, peel a thin piece of orange. Apply a slight squeeze with the orange part towards the beverage, then drop it in your glass.
After Midnight is a cocktail dreamed up by Cassandra Randazzo from Urbn in North Park, San Diego.
"I wanted to combine one of my favorite whiskies with some rich fall flavors. We’ve had a cold winter this year, and I wanted people to think of warm fireplaces and leather wingback chairs while they sipped this cocktail. With that in mind, I varied a classic old fashioned, using an apple cordial for sweetness with walnut bitters for depth. The flavors compliment the spicy notes of the whiskey. Reminds me of a warm dessert."