1 ½ oz. Gin
¾ oz. Lemon Juice
½ oz. Honey Syrup
½ oz. Apricot Syrup
Glassware and Tools
Boston Shaker Tin
1. Using the jigger pour the following into the mixing glass:
- 1 ½ oz. gin
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. honey syrup
- ½ oz. apricot syrup
2. Fill your mixing glass with cubed ice, place your Boston Shaker tin on top, and give the end a firm tap (don’t forget to test if it is sealed).
3. Shake for 10-15 seconds, allowing the mixture to go from one end of the shaker to the other. Shaking should be fairly vigorous.
4. Apply a firm tap to the tin at a point where the glass and tin have a small bit of separation. Using the strainer, strain contents into your coupe glass.
5. Peel a strip of lemon and squeeze the yellow part towards the glass, then drop inside.
The Bee's Fuzz is a cocktail dreamed up by Cassandra Randazzo from Urbn in North Park, San Diego.
"The Bee's Knees is a classic recipe using honey, lemon, and gin that to me is reminiscent of spring. To tweak it for the fall season, I added the flavor of a classic and common stone fruit, the apricot. I wanted to keep the cocktail from becoming cloyingly sweet, so I chose to substitute about half the honey normally used with an apricot syrup. The Bee's Fuzz light and botanical, with a nice fruit flavor complemented by the sweetness of honey and the acidity of lemon. All the bees are talking about it."