1 ½ oz. Avión Tequila
¾ oz. Mango Brown Sugar Syrup
¾ oz. Pineapple Juice
¾ oz. Lime Juice
Glassware and Tools
Fine Strainer (Optional)
1. Cut a small, thin slice into the side of the jalapeño, and place into the mixing glass. For a less spicy cocktail use a portion of the jalapeño.
2. To muddle the jalapeño, apply moderate pressure and use a twisting motion for 10 seconds.
3. Using the jigger, measure the following and pour into the mixing glass:
-¾ oz. lime juice
-¾ oz. pineapple juice
-¾ oz. mango brown sugar syrup
-1 ½ oz. Avión tequila
4. Add ice to the mixing glass and place the shaker tin on top with a firm tap. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, allowing the mixture to go from one end of the shaker to the other.
5. Add ice to your rocks glass, separate the mixing glass and put the Hawthorne strainer on top of the glass, strain through the fine strainer (if available) into the rocks glass.
6. Cut a circular lime wheel and place on top of the cocktail, then gently balance the dried mango on top of the lime as garnish.
Avión was born from a love of tequila and its rich robust agave flavor. Founder Ken Austin embarked on a journey to fulfill his dream and create a tequila that would celebrate the highlands’ agave flavor. This led Ken to Jesus Maria, where (they believe) the world’s best agave is grown and where the Lopez family lovingly manages the land.
Together in collaboration Ken and the Lopez family spent years blending old-school tequila making techniques with a philosophy of never cutting corners and focusing on the art of creating tequila. Every step of the process works to preserve and enhance the natural, rich, roasted flavors of the Avión agave. This is Avión, which bartenders, consumers and experts describe as, quite simply, delicious.
In 2012, Avión was crowned “World’s Best Tasting Tequila” and “World’s Best White Spirit” at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition (the most prestigious competition for the spirits industry).