1 1/2 oz. Bourbon
3 oz. Cranberry Juice
1 Teaspoon Lime Juice
Glassware and Tools
1. Using the jigger, measure the following and pour into the mixing glass:
-3 oz. of cranberry juice
-1 teaspoon of lime juice
-1 ½ oz. bourbon
2. Add ice to the mixing glass and place the shaker on top with a firm tap. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, allowing the mixture to go from one end of the shaker to the other.
3. Separate the mixing glass by applying a firm tap where the glass and shaker are no longer flush.
4. Add ice to the Collins Glass, crushed if available, and use the Hawthorne strainer to strain the contents of the mixing glass into the Collins Glass.
5. Take the remaining lime and cut a wheel by first slicing a half circle. Then place a quarter cut in the middle of the lime, using this slit to hold the garnish on the side of the glass.
Southern Belle With Great Taste
Gone with the Wind is arguably one of the greatest American novels of all time. This month we bring you the drink based on its main character, Scarlett O’Hara. Her strong independent disposition comes to life in every swig. A sweet first sip followed by a tangy tart finish will whisk you into a Georgia summer daydream. Both Scarlett and this cocktail pay well-deserved homage to the classic novel as well as the Georgia state of mind. Enjoy this creative combination with your feet up, stressors down, and a side of barbecue.