1 ½ oz. Rye Whiskey
Slice of Orange
Glassware and Tools
1. Place your sugar cube at the bottoms of the rocks glass.
2. Squeeze a full dropper of chocolate bitters directly onto the sugar cube.
3. Add a maraschino cherry and a slice of orange to the glass, including the peel.
4. Muddle all ingredients using a twisting motion, applying medium pressure. Be careful not to have anything splash out of the glass.
5. Pour in 1 ½ oz. of Twisted Manzanita Rebellious Rye Whiskey.
6. Fill the glass with ice.
7. Stir using your bar spoon, attempting to keep the back side of the spoon against the glass the entire time. Stir for 30 seconds or until the outside of the glass is cold.
8. Let the cocktail sit for a minute to allow all of the flavors to combine.
Rebellious Rye Whiskey is Jake Pittman’s original recipe from when he first began his career as a distiller. After experimenting with many variations, Jake realized he had struck gold with the inaugural batch. This whiskey has the perfect blend of ingredients, yet it is truly defined by its aging process. Twisted Manzanita recoups red wine barrels by disassembling, cleaning, and charring them with a number three burn. This process releases caramelized red wine into the alcohol, which provides the oaky flavor to the delicious Rebellious Rye.